How to Leverage Seasonality to Insert Your Beauty Brand into Timely Conversation
In the beauty category, shoppers remain interested and engaged throughout the year. However, there are specific times, like holidays, when interest spikes. Considering seasonality and staying abreast of key trends can help brands stay relevant. Ahalogy’s Pinterest Trends Beauty Report uncovered interesting beauty seasonal trends, including:
- Hairstyles peak in popularity during the Summer months
- Nails are most popular in the Spring and Summer, peaking in the months between April and August
- Most skin concerns occur during the late fall through winter months
Brands are seeing the positive results from creating content around seasons and themes. L’Oreal Paris, for example, has stated its seasonally and topically relevant content, like their Halloween tutorial influencer collaboration, is the most popular offering on their Destination Beauty YouTube channel.
To market in the moment, coordination and proactive planning is critical. Align content production with the search and media strategy in order to distribute seasonally and culturally relevant content throughout the year.
Best-in-Class Example: L’Oreal Paris
L’Oréal Paris wanted to build brand love and create moments of inspiration as part of their effort to widen appeal and position themselves as a top destination for beauty.
L’Oreal leveraged search to determine and react to key trends. When beauty trendsetters like celebrities and runway models started flaunting ombre hair, L’Oreal did their homework. They discovered a considerable rise in search terms for the hairstyle and found consumers were missing a DIY solution for achieving the popular hairstyle.
To address this insight, L’Oréal Paris developed and launched the world’s first DIY ombre solution.
- Established Search insights as an essential tool for trend spotting and trend monitoring
- Brought new customers to the home hair color category: 50% of Feria Ombré consumers were new to the category, most under the average age of the typical hair color consumer
To learn more about how to optimize your digital efforts, download our “Building a Digital Foundation” whitepaper here.